Monday, September 22, 2008

on experiments and more...


hi..!!..i'm back after a long hiatus..as a medical student,and one that leads a nomadic life,it becomes a lil difficult to be too loyal to one's blog...a lappietop,as i call it,is another thing on the *WISHLIST*...!!..till, then..m personally committed to writing as much as i can possibly squeeze in..infact,what i am trying to do is-writing bits n pieces throughout the day n just coming n putting them together here..dat saves my time of thinking..(which isn't too much,but ne help is good help!!!)...:)
so..to describe my experience in hypnosis--a very brief hypnosis..done by a close friend of mine on me...well, i am aware of quieter states of the mind(done self-hypnosis before),so this was easier on me,to drift off into the hypnotic state...i undertook it twice,first on 19th sept,n the next on 20th sept...curiosity got the better of me!!..the first time was good..with my friend feeling real *kicked* abt the whole scenario,the importance et al..n she set a paper before me,a questionnaire of sorts which had a set of standardised(she said so) questions to determine what kind of personality i have..(i believe the conclusion wasnt right)..but however,she's the boss now now..!!.. so on we went-
-first the setting of the room was changed-windows shut to block out noise,curtains shut to stop the light n the room dimmed with a small yellow light (nightlamp)..
-next,she set a small spot before me,like 10 feet away,to stare at..(yea..JUST LIKE THE MOVIES..haha)
-n..the moment i looked at the thing..mebe i was too ENTHU abt it,i just went off...POOF..!! like that... with weird thoughts carrying me away..n my body totally numb..
-in the background i cud hear my friend directing me...first clear n then vaguely...(i wont include her spoken content here--trademark rights..:P) ...then vaguer,vaguer (is that a word?!?!)...n then till the time that she was asking me things while i was in that state,n it seemed like a person is talking from a great distance...!! i actually cudn't make out what she's saying...it just seemed like someone's there... n then my thoughts carried me away...it literally felt like i'm piggyriding on my thoughts..!!!! that's the *hashish* effect..i guess!!!
-i had thoughts n visions abt weird gadgets..abt my patients...about some buildings...all disjointed... but d best thing was--I KNEW that this was all a hypnotic thing..like,i KNEW during those thoughts,that these are just those--thoughts..it did feel tempting though,to go with them!!
-i came back to my senses-safe n sound...n if ne of u may ask---JUST LIKE MY OWN SWEET SELF!!! but very very very tired.............
the next session:-
-this was a bit more noisy..there was too much noise to be able to block it out...n too much light too... too much noise in the kitchen...but into hypnotic state-i did go!!! (haha,the craze of inversions!)...
-for an entire 5 minutes,i was into it...n this was funnier--i actually felt my heart was in my hands...like,it felt as if my hands are following the pumping action of the heart,but not so jerky...besides,i felt as if the entire rhythm set by my heart was making my body dance!!!..funny,my friend said she saw my right thumb moving rhythmically..n that wasn;t me...i had gotten totally numb..REMEMBER...?!?.. i mean,it wasnt me consciously moving it...
-n this time,i just woke up suddenly,not feeling the dizziness n extreme tiredness i felt the first time...
overall..it was fun--n i plan to tell one n all--THIS IS NOT BLACKMAGIC!!!!
now m just thinking of ways to pay her fees..!!!

2 comments:

4thdimension said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
4thdimension said...

oh yes, you got it.. it's like doing drugs, without the terrible side effects..au naturale!!! except of course, the residual grogginess/spaciness! check this out.. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080214172701.htm
in some studies has been shown to prevent psychogenic seizures, not so much epileptic seizures though..

Inspirations