Monday, November 10, 2008

In the Face of the Faceless Enemy : Terrorism



Dated 29th November,2008...

With chaotic expressions of tumultuous emotions emanating from the volcanoes wthin people suffering from the latest Mumbai terror attacks,the havoc is totally justified.As for my part,I have been feeling extremely frustrated and helpless ever since I have been watching these trained 18-22 yr olds perform their live circus of gunning,bombing,blasting..reminding of my little days with the G.I.Joe's..My little mind could have never thought of this kind of large scale destruction with those little plots projected to the real,actual world..G.I.Joe? Me?..lol..yes,sometimes..! I didn't have them,I played with a few which my cousins had..they were a group of pretty horribly violent peeps!
So,with so many people writing so may different things about the same situation,what else have I got to say? I have atleast so much to say that in a nation like ours,where we don't take the responsibility to vote for the elections and the politicians are chosen by 70% of India's illiterate population,most of them being brainwashed and swayed,time and again,by sweet words,glamorous images and false promises,we have little right to complain.But,where our woes do take on a righteous cover is when we watch the Chief Minister of our state take his 'dear actor son' alongwith director Ram Gopal Verma to tour the target site at the Taj Mahal Hotel as the first opening visit by the panel of ministers.Think of it!! WOW!!! The first visit by the panel of ministers is all about *making a film on terrorism*...Curse my spirit..Now,why didnt I think of this? How could my wretched soul be so unimaginative,so screamingly selfish that *I DIDN'T THINK OF MAKING A FILM* with a nice tourist-like tour at the target site,for *first-hand experience* just hours after the unfathomable occurred?... Like,seriously..it might have been less of a crime if he'd gone along wid his stupid self and the director..that would take the cake,but the CM's son tagging along like a puppy for some fleshy movie role as meat,takes the bakery. Like,now if he really did want some first hand experience,he could've very well been present *atleast in the vicinity* of the area of the bombings...Now I have reasons for not watching RGV's films other than them being so lousy...Now,come to consider this..the reporters present at the very site giving us the entire footage for four entire daysmwith minimal rests weren't allowed in there...what the hell???!

Dated 6th December,2008... exactly a week later.
The honking sounds outside my window,the sun peeping through the clouds just like it did last week,at this time..as if nothing ever happened.Have I forgotten as well? Fortunately or unfortunately,yes..I have forgotten the frustration I felt last week.I have also totally 'ostriched' my behaviour by not taking a look at the news..thinking it never happened,this was the last and will never happen again.It doesn't feel much,may be I've numbed myself.May be most of us have numbed ourselves.We're also back to petty fights,silly ego matters and the whole drama..I sound like such a philosopher..lol..But,does 'ostriching' mean I'm not taking any action to be more alert/aware/cautious? No eyes on how the security on Mumbai should be upgraded? That's exactly what I am doing.Ignoring the entire thing.May be it's all a defense mechanism,or just a stress reaction..And again,there are vivid images of nuclear wars and destruction,with the fear looming all over,thinking of the misunderstandings between two parties.It's the most pathetic feeling in the world-helplessness..It'd be totally crazy of me to take sides now,because all we want is peace.That's it.You're right?I'm right?Both right?Both wrong? Who ****ing cares?..I'm pretty sure it won't matter much when the whole world has been blasted away and all new babies born out of the handful of survivors are radiation mutated...Is Nostradamus' prediction coming true?! ..funny I should think of him..probably all the news channels and mags are talking about it anyway...! All of us are caught totally off guard,you feel like you're falling into a bottomless well...black,dark,ugly..when for everything else,we all could have the butterflies,the fragrant flowers,the mellow sunshine,the green meadows outside....
My thoughts are as choppy as S H R E D D E D carrots..! lol... May be I'll just whistle and have a nice walk around the corner..

No comments:

Inspirations